Meme Content Creator
Meme Fighter is hiring for a meme content creator with a deep love and understanding of memes to create meme-inspired content promoting the MemeFighter.app platform. Meme Fighter is a next generation, mobile-first application that allows you to quickly express yourself with memes, and easily share those memes everywhere across the internet.
Take a look for yourself and make a meme at https://memefighter.app.
As a small but rapidly growing startup, Meme Fighter is looking for a self-driven, passionate individual to shape the voice of our marketing and external communications. Our ideal candidate has an innate sense of what the next breakout meme will be, has their finger on the pulse of internet culture, calls the next trend before anyone else. Are you the most “extremely online” of your friends? Always have the perfect GIF, Dril tweet or meme? You might be the content creator we are looking for.
This is a limited part time position to start, but will have opportunities for growth for the right fit. We want to empower you to grow with the company and have many future opportunities with us.
As a social media content creator for MemeFighter, you will:
- Produce engaging promotional meme-inspired content across a handful of social media platforms
- Help craft a Meme Fighter voice that demonstrates the communication power of memes, and be an outlet for humor, creativity and love of internet humor.
Location: Fully remote, we are based in the PST timezone.
Pay: Remote content creation, 5-10 hours a week at $25/hr
Content Creator Requirements:
- Experience creating strong, engaging content.
- An understanding of SEO best practices.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, proofreading, and editing.
- Excellent research, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- The capacity to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work efficiently without compromising quality or accuracy
Content Creator Responsibilities:
- Create meme content (JPG and short form vertical video) using the Meme Fighter platform that:
- Promote and help explain meme culture
- Develop instructional content teaching people how to use the Meme Fighter application
- Collaborate in crafting the Meme Fighter message
- Generate and produce short format video content (TikTok or Reels style)
To apply for this position:
Please send a resume and brief (less than 500 words, brevity is the soul of wit) cover letter talking about what you like about memes and why you’d be a good fit for this position to [email protected]
Please include with your application:
- 3 memes illustrating points you made in your cover letter. Please generate the memes in Meme Fighter using any template you like, and share via the “Copy Link” functionality to create a link this: https://memefighter.app/memes/01HA54GAY5N0CYEY1BQK4S7V02
- 2 pieces of short form vertical video content - less than 60s each please. Please create the videos, post anywhere you’d like (Instagram / TikTok / Youtube) and include a link with your cover letter. You are not required to appear in the videos, but are welcome to if you like.“Explain a meme” Create a meme in Meme Fighter and a short video promoting that meme. You can appear in the video or not, choose how to display the meme, what angle to take. We want to see original and fun ideas that showcase your love of memes. Create a piece of instructional video content: Please explain or teach someone how to do one thing in the Meme Fighter App. Pick any feature, process, or task you like, and make a short video.
Note: Since this is part of a job application, any meme content submitted with your application will NOT be posted or used as advertising content by Meme Fighter. These tasks are designed to be fast, fun and creative, will help you better understand one of the main responsibilities of the job, and will help us understand you and your strengths as a creator. Show us who you are! We’re looking for creativity, enthusiasm and an infectious attitude that keeps viewers hooked.