Distributed Systems Software Engineer
Fleek, a series A web3 infrastructure company with a remote team, is seeking experienced software engineers to work on its product, the Fleek Network, a decentralized edge network.
- You’ll be joining a small but experienced engineering team with a high-quality codebase
- 3+ years of real, hands-on software development experience in a professional environment.
- This is a full-time contractor role.
This role is a great fit for software engineers who can help us build new products and protocols on top of and at the intersection of Edge Infrastructure and Web3 Primitives.
Our team is a group of passionate engineers and we are looking for someone with a similar passion for their profession.
A lot of our team is remote but we have a brand new office in Brooklyn, NY that the core engineering team works out of. So we strongly favor candidates that are willing to come into the office and work there. However, we would still consider a strong remote candidate.
Our tech stack
Our codebase is mostly Rust, and we use the following stack:
- Narwhal/Bullshark for consensus
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Write clean, maintainable, efficient and well-tested code.
- Design and implement scalable and reliable software solutions.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Proactively propose new approaches or improvements to the project.
- Interest in your profession outside of work
- 3+ years prior professional software development experience (ideally worked in a startup too).
- Strong knowledge of Rust.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems principles and applications.
- Familiarity with Blockchain protocols like Libp2p/Ipfs/Filecoin/Other storage protocols .
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You'll be at a strong advantage for this role if:
- You live near Brooklyn and are willing to come to the office and work with the team occasionally, or regularly.
- You are familiar with ZK primitives or writing circuits
- You are familiar with consensus algorithms in decentralized settings.
- You have experience building with decentralized building blocks such as DHTs, consensus protocols, blockchain, p2p networking, etc.
- You have experience designing and building distributed and/or p2p software systems and applications.
- You have taken on a critical role in an open source project.
- Exhibit our core cultural values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution.
- Collaborative energy and ability to work well in teams.
- Strong work ethic and a passion for Web3
- Passion to work on and share knowledge of new technologies
- Pragmatic “get it done” attitude and the ability to provide and receive constructive feedback.
If you are a self-driven individual who is passionate about software development, we would like to hear from you.